Connecting a mobile device to the “FDU-Secure” Wireless Network
Connecting to “FDU-Secure” Wireless Network with an iOS Device (iPhone and iPad)
- Locate and select or tap on the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad
- Select or tap on “Wi-Fi” within the “Settings” app
- Select or tap on “FDU-Secure”, located under the “Choose a Network Menu”
- Enter your full FDU e-mail address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and your NetID password into the proper corresponding text boxes.
- Click “Trust” on the top right of screen to accept the security certificate; if you do not complete this step, you will not be able to successfully connect to the FDU-Secure wireless network.
- Note that “FDU-Secure” has a check mark under “Wi-Fi”, if so, you have successfully connected to “FDU-Secure” wireless network
Connecting to “FDU-Secure” Wireless Network with an Android Phone
- Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
- Locate, then press and hold the Wi-Fi icon.
- Select “FDU-Secure” From the list of nearby networks.
- Fill in the information as seen on the photo.
|Phase 2 Authentication||MSCHAPV2|
|CA Certificate||Use system certificates|
NOTE: Some devices do not have this option. Instead, select “Do not validate”
|Identity||Your FDU e-mail address|
|Anonymous Identity||Can be ignored|
|Password||Your FDU email password|
- If your device does not have system certificates installed and you select “Do not validate” you will see a warning message about security/privacy. It is safe to connect to our network, this is just a general message from the operating system.
- Press connect