FDU-Secure Wi-Fi Connection for Non FDU Owned Equipment
FDU-Secure uses current encryption standards to connect to the FDU wireless network via secure wireless traffic. As a result, FDU-Secure is the preferred method of accessing the on-campus Wireless network. Please follow the procedure below and feel free to contact our University Technical Assistance Center at (973)-443-88222 if you encounter any issues.
Start your laptop computer
Click on the Wi-Fi bar located at the right hand side of the taskbar
Click Network Settings > Wi-Fi > Network and Sharing Center
Select: Set up a new connection or network
- Choose a connection option: Manually connect to a wireless network
- Network name: FDU-Secure
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Security Key: [BLANK]
- Check Start this connection automatically
- Click Next
Click Change connection settings
Go to Security tab > Click Settings
- Check Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate
- Check Connect to these servers: radius.fdu.edu
- Trusted Root Certification Authorities: AddTrust External CA Root
- Notifications before connecting: Tell user if the server’s identity can’t be verified
- Select Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Check: Enable Fast Reconnect
Configure Windows Login Name and Password.
- Click Configure
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
- Click OK.
Apply settings below, by clicking OK
Click: Advanced settings
- Go to 802.1X settings tab
- Check Specify authentication mode: User or computer authentication
- OK > OK > Close
When prompted for credentials enter your FDU NetId info: Examples: “email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org”