Learn how to connect your Apple or Android mobile devices to the FDU-Secure wireless network. ChromeOS and or Chromebook devices will utilize the Android settings listed below to connect to the FDU-Secure wireless network.
FDU Computing Services does not support ChromeOS and or Chromebook hardware except for explicitly connecting said devices to the FDU-Secure wireless network.
- From your Apple mobile device’s Home screen, locate and tap the Settings app
- Tap Wi-Fi within the “Settings” app
- Tap FDU-Secure
- Enter your FDU NetID credentials when prompted and then tap Join
- Tap Trust when prompted to accept the wireless security certificate; if you do not complete this step, you will not be able to connect to the FDU-Secure wireless network successfully
- After joining the FDU-Secure wireless network successfully, you will see a blue checkmark next to the network name and the “connected” Wi-Fi icon in the upper top portion of your device display
- Open your Android mobile or ChromeOS device’s Settings app
- Tap Network & internet > Internet within the “Settings” app
- Tap FDU-Secure from the listed nearby networks
- Enter the configuration information as seen below
|Phase 2 Authentication||MSCHAPV2|
|CA Certificate||Use system certificates|
NOTE: Some devices do not have this option. Instead, select the “Do not validate” or “Trust on First Use” options if available.
|Identity||Your FDU e-mail address|
|Anonymous Identity||Can be ignored|
|Password||Your FDU email password|
If your device does not already have system certificates installed and you selected “Do not validate” you will see a warning message about security/privacy. It is safe to connect to our network; this is just a general message from the operating system.
On Android devices with OS versions 11 and above, the “Do not validate” CA Certificate option has been removed as a menu option. “Trust on First Use” or “Use system certificates” must be used to successfully connect the mobile device to the FDU-Secure wireless network in this case. If the “Trust on First Use” CA Certificate option is selected, you will see a warning message requiring you to tap “Yes connect.”
- Tap Connect