Setting up and Accessing the FDU VPN Client
Downloading and Installing the “FDU VPN” Client Software, also known as the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” VPN
- Use any web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari) to navigate to vpn.fdu.edu. Please refrain from using Internet Explorer web browser when installing the FDU VPN Client.
- Select your role within the University from the Group pulldown menu and enter your NetID Information in the username and password fields (email@example.com).
- Download the VPN applet when prompted. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari web browsers you may have to initiate the installation of the FDU VPN by clicking on “AnyConnect VPN.” The browser will then download the VPN software client, when finished downloading click on the file and select “open” within your browser.
- Follow the steps prompted to accept all changes and grant requested permissions to install FDU VPN software. Note, Java Runtime Environment software may also need to be installed. A copy of the software download will be prompted to be installed or can be accessed at java.com/en/download/.
- The installation will continue, and an icon for the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” with a “lock” icon will appear in your system tray once the installation is complete.
Configuring and Logging into the “FDU VPN” Client Software, known as the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” VPN Software
- Log into your computer
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client VPN or “FDU VPN” software. Ensure the address “vpn.fdu.edu” is entered into the corresponding text box and then press connect.
- Select your correct Group name and enter your FDU NetID username, and current FDU NetID password in the corresponding boxes. Click Ok.
- Ensure a successful connection was made by checking on your desktop on the bottom right portion of your screen.