Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool that allows users to meet online, with or without video. Zoom users can choose to record sessions, collaborate on projects, and share or annotate on one another’s screens, all with one easy-to-use platform. It offers quality video, audio, and a wireless screen-sharing performance across Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Zoom has a feature-rich, mobile app for both iOS and Android, allowing you to virtually connect from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Installing the Zoom Browser Client
- The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting, and is also available for manual download.
- Once downloaded, you can go to the Zoom folder in your “START” menu and click “Start Zoom” on a PC or click on the “Zoom.us” app located in the applications folder on a Mac. Alternatively, you can open the application by searching for Zoom in your computers search bar.
To start, visit https://fdu.zoom.us
- Click on “Sign In” at the top-right corner of the page and type your FDU NetID credentials
- After logging in, you will see your profile information.
- Joining a meeting – Click on the link and enter the meeting ID number provided by the host.
- Hosting a meeting – You can host a meeting with or without video. Click on the option that you need and the meeting should start automatically.
- Scheduling a meeting – Click on Meetings on the left navigation area and then click on Schedule a New Meeting.
Installing the Zoom Native Client
The following steps are for users who have already downloaded the Zoom desktop client or are planning to use the client. These instructions are NOT for users who will be using the web browser to participate in a Zoom meeting.
- Launch the Zoom Desktop client
- Click on “Sign In“
- Click “Sign In with the SSO“
- Type “FDU” in the company domain field and click “Continue“
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to login using your FDU NetID credentials
- After signing in click “Open Zoom Meetings“
Zoom Mobile Apps and Plugins Install Links
Zoom Video Support Documentation
Joining and Starting
- Joining a Meeting
- How do I Start or Join a Scheduled Meeting as the Host?
- How do I invite others to join a meeting?
- Participating in Breakout Rooms
- Show a “Join from your browser” Link
- Getting Started with Breakout Rooms
Scheduling a Meeting
- Scheduling meetings
- Scheduling Recurring Meetings
- Recover a deleted meeting
- Join Before Host
- Using Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
- Meet Now vs Scheduled Meetings
- How Do I Update A Scheduled Meeting?
- Testing computer or device audio
- Joining a meeting by phone
- Mute All And Unmute All
- Using Telephone Call-Out
- How Do I Test My Video?
- How Do I Change The Video Layout?
- Video Or Microphone Off By Attendee
- Pin Video
- How Do I Share My Screen?
- Video Layout Options While Screen Sharing
- Switching Windows During Screen Sharing
- Optimizing a Shared Video Clip in Full Screen
- Sharing Computer Sound During Screen Sharing
- Screen Sharing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Screen Share A Keynote Presentation
- Request or Give Remote Control
- Sharing a whiteboard
- Side-by-Side Mode for Screen Sharing
- Sharing Multiple Screens Simultaneously
- Using annotation tools on a shared screen or whiteboard
- iOS Screen Sharing
- iOS Screen Sharing with the Zoom Desktop Client
- Finding and Viewing Recordings
- Authentication Profiles for Cloud Recordings
- Consent to be Recorded
- Recording Layouts
- Local Recording
- Cloud recording
- Automatic Recording
- Recording without the Host
- On-demand Recordings
- Managing cloud recordings
- Recording on iOS and Android
- Cloud Recording Playback
- Recover a Deleted Cloud Recording
- Sharing a Local Recording
- Recording Formats
- Getting Started With Webinar
- Roles in a webinar
- Managing Participants in Webinar
- Inviting Panelists to a Webinar
- Joining and participating in a webinar (attendee)
- On-demand Webinars
- How to Schedule A Recurring Webinar
- Webinar Chat
- Raise Hand In Webinar
- Webinar Reporting
- Polling for Webinars
For technical assistance, please call the help desk at (973)-443-8822.